Blackpink survives 7
简介Jennie, Lisa, Rose and Jisoo will remain as Blackpink, defying K-pop's infamous “seven-year cur ...
Jennie, Lisa, Rose and Jisoo will remain as Blackpink, defying K-pop's infamous “seven-year curse.”
The seven-year curse in K-pop refers to the disbanding of most K-pop groups seven years after their debut as the exclusive contracts with their agencies come to an end.
“Based on our strong trust in one another, Blackpink renewed its exclusive contract with the agency for group activities,” YG Entertainment announced Wednesday.
YG said it plans to actively support Blackpink for future album releases, world tours and other group-related promotions.
“We are so happy to continue our relationship with Blackpink. We will do our best to help them become artists that represent K-pop and shine even brighter in the world’s music market. We will give our fullest support and trust to the group,” said Yang Hyun-suk, founder and former head of YG Entertainment, in a press release.
Since their debut in 2016 with singles “Whistle” and “Boombayah,” the quartet has flourished as a world-renowned K-pop girl group, enchanting the public and topping major US and UK music charts.
The group’s other releases have all been hits, including “Playing With Fire,” “Kill This Love,” “Lovesick Girls,” “Pink Venom” and “Shut Down."
Blackpink rewrote K-pop history for female groups last year when their second studio album, “Born Pink,” topped the Billboard 200 and the British Official Albums Chart Top 100, the first K-pop girl group to do so.
Earlier this year, the group ended their second world tour, "Born Pink," on a high note, attracting 1.8 million fans worldwide.
The group also runs a YouTube channel with more than 92 million subscribers -- the highest number for any singer.
Their “DDU-DU DDU-DU” music video on YouTube surpassed the 2.1-billion view mark, another first for a K-pop girl group.
Meanwhile, it still remains unclear whether individual members will be renewing their exclusive contracts with YG.
YG continues to maintain its position that individual contract renewals are “still under negotiation.”
A sibling feud over the management of Hankook & Company, the holding company behind the world’s sixt ...
South Korea and the United States discussed ways to expand bilateral cooperation in the energy and s ...
South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol called Wednesday for enhancing the connectivity of the world ec ...
Twitch plans to shut down in S. Korea over high network costs
Suneung difficulty rekindles 'killer question' controversy
Woman faces prosecution after demanding marriage from V
Snow crabs join bargain for crustaceans
Drug demand rises over surge in ‘walking pneumonia,’ flu
Dancers say Street Woman Fighter 2 made dance more approachable
- [New in Korean] Tribute to mothers, daughters in 'Passing Through Winter'
- Insurance firms' net income jumps over 47% on
- 장예찬 "이상민 탈당에 깊이 공감…민주당 고쳐쓰기 불가능"
- Former divas return as Golden Girls
- 홍준표 "엑스포 박빙 보고…尹 파리 출장가게 한 참모들 징계해야"
- [Hello Indonesia] Cultural tapestry woven at 'Korea
- A decade of YouTube and Korea in the World of Dave
- National Orchestra of Korea's 'Winter Concert' to bring harmony of tradition, musicals
- [New in Korean] 'BU Care Insurance' protects hearts after breakups
- Industrial output, retail sales, investment all fall in Oct.: data
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- [Herald Interview] Forever is not impossible: Oneus aspires to global reach with 'La Dolce Vita'
- N. Korean envoy vows stronger 'self
- Is S. Korea dangerous for women?
- Hamas surprise attack out of Gaza leaves hundreds dead in fighting, retaliation
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- Unification ministry urges NK to immediately send detained S. Koreans back home
- [Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
- Ive kicks off first world tour, 'Show What I Have'
- Seoul prepares for first major military parade in ten years
- 보란듯 제재 무시하며 국제법 준수?…김정은 활용하는 푸틴의 속내는
- S. Korea holds rare military parade, warns NK against nuclear attack
- Israeli forces clash with Hamas gunmen after hundreds killed
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- Orchestra composed of players with visual impairment to perform Oct. 4
- Film director Jung Byung
- [Hello Hangeul] Korean language instructors' working conditions remain subpar
- S. Korean ambassador says stronger Russia
- 홍익표, 체포안 가결파 징계에 “총선 승리 도움 기준으로 판단”
- KCON Saudi Arabia 2023 attracts 23,000 K